As a small business owner or entrepreneur, the pressures we fill when creating Instagram videos can be immense and really overwhelming. I hope this article goes a little way into helping you get started using the correct sizes and video length and the tips I share come in useful.
So in this post, I will be sharing with you the optimum sizes for each video and where you should be using them plus also the suggested video length including the up to date Instagram creator tips.
We look at the four different types of videos that you can create for Instagram
- Instagram Stories
- Instagram Reels
- Long Video
- Instagram Live
And then we look at the optimum length and some upto date strategies. The video below covers everything but i've also added some more information and tips underneath.
Here are the required video sizes for Instagram recommended by Instagram
- Instagram square video used in feed posts dimensions are 1080px by 1080px
- Instagram Portrait video dimensions used in feed posts and the video tab for long or short video 1350px height by 1080px width
- Instagram horizontal feed posts and video posts dimensions are 608px height by 1080px width
- Instagram Stories or REELS dimensions are 1920px height by 1080px width
Optimum video length on Instagram varies dependant on where you want to use your videos are are as follows:
- Instagram Stories can be created using 15 second, 30 second or 60 second time frame but can fall anywhere between but no longer than 60 second
- Instagram REELS can be created using 15 second, 30 second or 60 second time frame but can fall anywhere between but no longer than 60 seconds and stay on your Instagram account
- Instagram square video used in feed posts can be over 1 second long and up to 15 minutes long with the optimal length according to the Instagram creator Lab 3-5 minutes
- Instagram Portrait video dimensions used in feed posts and the video tab again can be over 1 second and up to 15 minutes
- Instagram horizontal feed posts and video posts and the video tab again can be over 1 second and up to 15 minutes
- Instagram Live video can now be up to 4 hours long and include Instagram rooms and shopping and can only be created using the Instagram App in portrait mode.
In conclusion, video is definitely here to stay but don't let the different variation phase put you off, choose a format you're comfortable doing and increase your visibility being on video in your own way.
Let me know if you have any questions and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. If you're stuck for video ideas, download my 26 video ideas here https://anita-wong.ck.page/26easyengagingvideoideas
Thanks and speak soon